I had a few evening hours open up while we were in Edwards, CO. It was the middle of a string of 95 degree days and I hit the river upstream of Eagle just south of the Diamond S Ranch. Caddis were everywhere, thick, thick, thick. Swarms of them hovering above the willow bushes, crawling on their limbs, racing upstream over the riffles. But nothing was stirring on the fish end of things. As the sun met the western mountain tops a few fish finally rose. I had three take caddis on top but couldn't get them to net. One good fish switched from a splashy rise to a rolling emerger chaser before I hooked him. At one point I looked across river and saw two large elk at waters edge, with about a half dozen or so of their relatives in the field beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment