Monday was a tough day. I started on foot at 5-points around 10:30 and immediately hooked up with a few browns on a Copper John. At 12:30, I met up with Tommy and Troy and we drove up the river trying to escape the wind to no avail. Very strong wind and stronger gusts caused whitecaps to form and hats to blow off. We picked up a few fish here and there, and I missed a few rising to BWO that were being knocked over.
Tuesday was great. Troy and I floated 12 miles from Salida with guide Larry from Ark Anglers. We had 40 plus fish in the boat and I lost the fish of the day. The morning was hot, but the fish went to sleep in mid afternoon. Most of the fish were on a #14 Two Bit H, but did manage to catch a few on my golden stonefly pattern.
Water 330cfs, temps 70s, skies blue.
No comments:
Post a Comment